Two typical New Year’s resolutions are eating healthier and being a bit more adventurous. But why wait till the New Year? Start your adventure before or during the holidays with this Garlic Roasted Spicy Green Beans with Almonds recipe!
Green beans are a classic, especially at this time of the year, but bring something new to the table by adding red pepper flakes and almonds! It takes essentially no extra time but adds a whole new dimension to the flavor and a slight crunch to the texture that will keep you coming back to this recipe. Of course, the main ingredient that will determine the flavor and taste of this dish is the green beans themselves. That’s why we want to bring your attention to Harvest Sensations. Buying produce from Harvest Sensations isn’t a mere transaction, they pride themselves in delivering the produce you deserve.
They focus entirely on sourcing and importing quality, organic ingredients in order to make the globe their local backyard. Your produce comes right from a farmer out of the U.S., Mexico, or Central and South America. And if you want assurance that you’re getting the best, Harvest Sensations is proud to be globally certified through multiple organizations including Global Food Safety Initiative and National Organic Standards.
They’re dedicated to their customers and the environment equally, committed to great service and products while also maintaining an active commitment to the environment. They have a sustainability plan based on viability, accountability, responsibility, and investment.
That’s how you know you’ll be receiving top of the line green beans! Which means a magnificent source for vitamins A, C, and K along with folic acid and fiber for you and everyone else at your table. This translates directly into your health, promoting a good mood, bone health, and even clocking carcinogenic effects.
Best of all, this recipe is easy! Check out the three steps to your adventure below:
- 12 oz raw Harvest Sensations green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the green beans in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and then season with red pepper flakes, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper and toss.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread the green beans in a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes before removing beans from the oven to add minced garlic and sliced almonds. Mix all together and spread into a single layer again and roast for an additional 5 minutes until green beans are cooked through and the garlic and almonds are lightly golden.