Posts Tagged “LGS Specialty Sales”
LGS Specialty Sales, a leading importer of citrus, avocados and grapes, has started its Moroccan W. Murcotts season with a strong supply of winter mandarins available now through April 2022.
LGS of New Rochelle, NY has been supplying Mandarins from Morocco to the U.S. for over 15 years between the months of January and April, and from the Southern Hemisphere in the summer until fall. These next few months will serve as the peak of their imported window with good tasting and quality fruit.
“As the largest importer of mandarins in the U.S. out of Morocco, supplying W. Murcotts has allowed us to keep up with this ever-growing demand for easy-peelers,” said Luke Sears, president and founder of LGS Specialty Sales.
“Mandarins are known for their overall excellent quality and taste, and this season’s fruit is nothing short of that. During this time of year, we see high consumption among shoppers looking for ways to incorporate more vitamin C and citrus into their lifestyle.”
NEW ROCHELLE, NY – LGS Specialty Sales, a leading importer of citrus, avocados, grapes and persimmons, anticipates a strong grape season from December 2021 through May of 2022.
For six months, LGS will be importing red, green and black seedless grapes from Chile and Peru. This will include specialty varieties like Cotton Candy and Candy Hearts. The grapes will be available in both clamshells and clear bags.
“We have a lot to look forward to with our upcoming grape season,” said Luke Sears, president and founder of LGS Specialty sales. “We’re partnering with one of the biggest Sweet Celebration and Cotton Candy growers in Chile, as well as importing new proprietary varieties out of Peru that include both conventional and specialty grapes.”
The company noted that its growing region in Peru continues to expand with new varieties, reporting a 10 percent increase from the previous year. LGS’ volume is on schedule to meet both retailer and consumer needs this upcoming import season.
NEW ROCHELLE, NY – LGS Specialty Sales, a leading importer of citrus, avocados, grapes, and persimmons, announces an update on its 2021 summer citrus season. Over the next few months, LGS’ Darling Citrus® line will include Cara Caras, lemons, minneolas, navels and W. Murcotts.
“The summer citrus season is always an exciting time at LGS,” said Luke Sears, president and founder of LGS Specialty Sales. “Our growers supply us with quality fruit and we’re excited for shoppers to experience and enjoy the various products we have available during the summer months.”
- Cara Caras – The Chilean Cara Caras will be available from August through September. The company reports the quality is great with the size trending smaller than previous seasons.
- Lemons – The Argentinian lemon season will run throughout August along with Chilean lemons through October to finish out the season. Both regions are producing premium fruit with excellent juice content.
- Minneolas – The Peruvian minneolas are of great quality with a vibrant appearance and good brix/acid ratio. The size is evenly split, which allows for availability in different pack styles and bulk sizes.
- Navels – The Chilean navel season will run throughout mid to late October. The size is trending smaller with the volume up 5-10 percent from 2020.
- W. Murcotts – The Peruvian and Chilean W. Murcott season will run from August through early November. The fruit is producing great flavor, an ideal acid/brix ratio and a vibrant orange exterior.
Additionally, LGS’ summer avocado program is also seeing great success. The Columbian summer program is producing quality avocados through August until the winter program kicks off in November. The Peruvian avocados are producing great oil content and the season is anticipated to go throughout September.
# # #
About LGS Specialty Sales, Ltd.
LGS Specialty Sales, Ltd. has been importing fruit from select growers around the world for 30 years. Today, LGS is a leading importer of clementines, oranges, avocados, grapes, lemons, minneolas, cara cara oranges and persimmons.
NEW ROCHELLE, NY – LGS Specialty Sales, a leading importer of citrus, avocados, grapes, and persimmons shares an overview of the various commodities offered throughout the summer months. During the summer citrus season, LGS sources lemons, navels, minneolas, mandarins and cara cara oranges to the U.S. for its Darling Citrus® line.
While LGS imports lemons regularly throughout the year, the company is experiencing a strong summer lemon season from Argentina and Chile.
** Argentinian lemon season began in May and will last throughout August.
** Chilean lemon season began in late June and anticipates going through early October.
LGS provides other varieties of citrus throughout the summer and looks forward to the arrival of the following fruit:
- Navel season takes place from July through October.
- Minneola season is also on the horizon from mid-July through September. LGS anticipates a similar season to last year with a slight increase in volume.
- Mandarin season – W. Murcottswill also be available in mid-July from Peru followed by Chile. The mandarins are showing a great color and brix/acid ratio, which results in a sweeter fruit.
- Cara Cara season will be available late July through September.
- About LGS Specialty Sales, Ltd.
LGS Specialty Sales, Ltd. has been importing fruit from select growers around the world for close to 30 years. Today, LGS is a leading importer of clementines, oranges, avocados, grapes, lemons, minneolas, cara cara oranges and persimmons.